Ecosystems Northwest is an ecological consulting firm that performs natural resource services including environmental analyses, field surveys, data analyses, and written syntheses.
- soils and carbon cycling/sequestration (New Carbon Budget poster AGU 2016)
- aquatic ecology of salmonids and streams of the Pacific Northwest
- science-based application of ecological principles to management problems
- carbon offsets for forestry projects
- climate change plans for communities
- environmental assessments for permitting, wetlands, sensitive species
Ecosystems Northwest was established in 1994 in Corvallis, Oregon and was moved to Mount Shasta, California in 1999. Kim Gerard Mattson has a Ph.D. in ecology and has performed research on forests, soils, and ecosystems. Mattson formed Ecosystems Northwest in order to satisfy his desire to work independently on applied problems. Ecosystems Northwest employs surveyor/scientists on a project-by-project basis. Besides ecological research, Mattson has experience as an environmental director of a Native American tribe, an environmental planner for California Department of Transportation, and is certified in forest carbon offset protocols by the California Air Resources Board. Mattson is also certified as a senior ecologist by the Ecological Society of America, certified in wetlands delineations, and holds scientific collection permits for listed fish.
Kim Mattson, ecologist and owner:
“Ecosystems Northwest can bring in the best options to help you craft your environmental solutions. ”
189 Shasta Av, Mount Shasta, CA 96067
530-925-5943 / 530-926-4136